Party Wall Survey – London

The Party Wall Act of 1996 is legislation which requires that if a person plans to carry out work on a party wall or adjacent to some property that is owned by someone else, they must notify that neighbour, and give them details of the work that they intend to do.

The act lays out a formal process which is to be followed and defines the parties involved. Namely, the owner that intends to carry out the work and the adjoining owner that requires notification of the intended works.

The above is a concise, simplified explanation of the legislation. It is complex and there are a lot of other things to consider, depending on the specific site conditions. In the majority of cases, specialist expertise is required to ensure that there is compliance between the two parties and that a satisfactory resolution is reached.

At London Building Surveyor, we are experienced in dealing with the issue of party wall legislation, and we have been working with people doing party wall work since the legislation was introduced in 1996.

Whether you are the person who wishes to carry out the work, or the owner of an adjoining party, we are capable of acting on your behalf. Adjoining owners should be aware that their surveyors’ fees would typically be payable by the person who is carrying out the works in question.

We aim to make our fees as competitive as possible, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to have an informal chat and request a no-obligation quotation.

London Building Surveyor are registered RICS party wall surveyors, and we are happy to help with any enquiries regarding party walls, as well as party wall notices, party wall surveying and party wall advice.

Contact London Building Surveyor today if you would like to know more about Party Wall surveys.